Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shake It Up - New Photo Design By Helena V. Studio


This week I visited the http://www.pylones-usa.com/ store in Grand Central Station in NYC and was drawn to Mrs. Salt + Mr. Pepper. I photographed them in my studio a few days ago and created an ad, attached above, that I plan on submitting to Pylones for review.
I thought to share a little about my production process because some of you may be wondering "how did she create that?". If you are curioius, read on, if not, I hope you like the composition.
In brief, I printed out "You Can't Eat Money", one of my photos from The Museum of Messages, at 16"x20" and then created a set with my Hasselblad camera, Broncolor lights, reflectors, diffusers and lastly I tethered my camera to my Apple MacBook Pro. After shooting several compositions I chose the sharpest, best lit option and then, in post production, I created the ad above in Adobe Photoshop.

You may see it at a larger scale at http://www.helenavstudio.com/.
If you'd like to share your opinion, shoot me an email at helena@helenavstudio.com, as I would very much like to hear your thoughts.

No comments: