Sunday, August 24, 2008

Love Is Free?

Photo Of The Week

Last week I was running around Chelsea prepping for a photo shoot. While running errands I came across another Discreet Message that immediately caught my attention. Someone wrote "Love Is Free". I shot it with my camera, thought about the message, smiled and then asked myself, "is love really free?"

Love is my favorite emotion, I love my family and friends a lot; however, I had to earn that love from them as they did from me. My point being, I don't think love is free.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hmmm. Interesting point Helena. And I wonder if a further distinction is in order here. Did you have to earn your friends' love or was the love just the free flowing result of earning their trust? And are trust and love inextricably linked for us mere mortals? In true essence, love is, always present and never ending.

If we stop to think about it, minus the fancy ego wrapping, love costs nothing to give and nothing to receive. In that vein, I believe that Love is indeed Free.

LOVE to you dear one! xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's funny... someone once said to me that Freedom is not free. Pretty profound, right? I guess in the same way love is free. It's free if you give it away carelessly, but if you reserve your love for those who truly deserve it and understand the magnitude of what they are receiving, it's anything but free.